whO CAN APPLY
We fund a wide range of organisations. We are particularly keen to help Waikato-based community organisations who have bold ambitions or a track record of making a transformational impact in our community. We do not normally make grants to individuals or to non-Waikato organisations, but we will where either our donors direct us to do so, or where a project or initiative has the potential to have a significant impact in the Waikato.
Grants are available to organisations that are either:
- A registered charitable trust or company
- A registered incorporated society
- An education institution
- A social enterprise
Organisations should have a governing document (such as a constitution, rules, memorandum and articles of association) and a bank account in the organisation’s name with at least two independent signatories.
Grants will not normally be available to support day-do-day operating costs.
We will not fund requests to support:
- Contributions to general appeals or circulars
- Religious activity which is not for wider public benefit
- Public bodies to carry out their statutory obligations
- Activities which have already taken place
- Grant making by other organisations